Conversation starters for couples are a must-try! Sure, it’s easy to talk about the weather or our current Netflix binge (mines The Office if you were wondering). But THE best conversations are the most thought-provoking and rich. Nothing beats diving in deep to a meaty discussion filled with intrigue, interest, and really having to wrack your brain to think.
It’s easy to fall into repeated conversation styles with your partner. We moan about work and our boss or the annoying person driving too close behind us on the commute. We talk groceries and what to have for dinner and um and ah about whether to order Uber Eats (the answer is always yes).
Good conversation falls by the wayside, which is why conversation starters are one of my favorite things to bring out at dinner parties or on a date night with my partner. They pretty much guarantee that you’ll learn something new about each other. That’s the magic of conversation starters for couples.
I’ve listed below 25 pretty cool-as-cucumber conversation starters for couples. There’s also a printable PDF below so you can print them and cut them out ready for that date night or dinner partaaaay with friends. Here’s to meaningful conversation and deep conversation!
25 Conversation Starters for Couples
1. What would you like to do, learn, and explore if you could make time stand still for 6 months?
2. If you could travel back in time to a point in history and live there for 6 months, what and where would you pick?
3. What do you wish you had learned earlier in life?
4. If your parents could walk in your shoes for 24 hours, what do you think they would learn about you that they don’t already know?
5. If you could set a goal and be guaranteed you’d reach it, what would it be?
6. What is something you like about the way you were raised?
7. What would you do and why if you could launch any service or product where money was not an issue?
8. If you could go back and relive your high school years knowing what you do now, what would you do differently and why?
9. If you had to write an autobiography, which part would make you happiest to write?
10. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
11. If you went to jail for 10 years after being wrongly accused, how would it change you as a person?
12. What would you be happy doing each day if you didn’t have any worries about now or the future?
13. If you could have one wish granted, what would you wish for? (No wishing for extra wishes)
14. What would your perfect day look like? (Be specific)
15. If you could solve any problem in the world, what would you solve and why?
16. If you could read the mind of just one other person, who’s would you like to read and why?
17. If you could write a book, what would it be about?
18. If you could thoroughly learn one specific topic in all its complexity? What would you like to know and why?
19. If you could erase one thing from your brain/memory, what would you choose and why?
20. How would you describe yourself in three words? Are you happy with these three words? If not, what would you like to change?
21. What do you feel makes you unique?
22. If you could take an aspect of someone’s personality that you know, what would you take and why?
23. What’s a strength/skill you wished you had but don’t?
24. If you could change one trait that you don’t like, what would it be, and do you think it would change you as a person?
25. Do you think the human species could benefit from any animal traits? If so, what would they be?
If you’d like a quick printable PDF version of these bad boys, click here or below for instant access to these meaningful conversations. Just print and cut them out and make sure to use them on your next date night.
Where to Find More Conversation Starters for Couples
I hope you like these 25 conversation starters for couples.
If you liked these conversation starters for couples, check out our related blogs:
Check them out!
And if you love deep conversation, we’ve got even more conversation starters on our Conversation Starters page here.
You may also like…
Use these How Well Do You Know Me Questions on your next date night to dive deeper into your partner's world. It's all part of building that close bond in a relationship. Those moments when you're curious if they've caught onto the little things you've shared over...
Explore these 81 fun things to do with your boyfriend, girlfriend, or lover! Are you yearning to sprinkle some novelty and excitement into your love life? You're in the right place! Here, we'll explore a plethora of fun things to do with your boyfriend, girlfriend, or...
Could your family game night use a little pizzazz? Because I've got some pizzazz for you in the form of epic conversation cards to get your whole family talking and bonding and, you know… feeling all the warm and fuzzies because you're actually spending quality time...
Sprint, prance, and gallop your way to these 25 family date night ideas for lots of epic and fun family date ideas! It is oh-so-important to spend that quality time with your fam bam and what better way to do that than having an incredible family date night! Whether...
A couple's gratitude jar might not be the first thing that comes to mind when you think of a date night idea. But if you buy into all the good stuff surrounding gratitude, you are both in for a treat! It's no secret that gratitude is a powerful emotion that can...
Take your dates from meh to OH MY GOODNESS with a DIY Date Night Jar. Coming up with creative and fun date ideas can be challenging! It can be so much easier to spend the night at home and think, “oh, we’ll do something fun next time.” *Cue dramatic...
If you're always trying to convince people to go to escape rooms with you, you'll love this murder mystery date night idea. You don't even need to like escape rooms to become obsessed with this Unsolved Case Files game. One thing I don't love about escape rooms...
Do you struggle to come up with new date ideas? Then a couples date book may be just what you need! Are you feeling like you do the same date night over and over again? I love a good movie night, but it can get pretty stale. Especially when your date nights can be so...
If you live by the ocean, you’re in for a treat with the following beach date ideas! I live in Perth, Australia, and the sea feels like it’s everywhere (no joke), and the beach date ideas feel limitless. Let me tell you a secret... I’m not really a beach person. The...
To all the date-lovers out there, take a gander at these couple painting ideas for your next romantic date night at home. Because who doesn’t love getting their hands dirty with the one you love! First up are the five couple painting ideas we’ve got in store,...